Hello, TUFAS Caregivers!
How to prepare your student for the first day
- If you haven’t yet, please complete the required forms before the first day of climbing! Click here to fill out the required Registration Form, so that we can start class on time and strive for the smoothest first day possible.
- The best clothing to wear is clothing that will allow them to move/bend/stretch freely, but that isn’t so loose that it might get in their way as they climb up a wall. They will probably sweat! Clothes that will breathe and dry quickly as they sweat will help them feel more comfortable throughout the class. Cotton, linen, activewear, and moisture-wicking fabrics are all great options. Whatever clothing makes them feel most comfortable is best.
- Bring a water bottle and pack a snack. We will be using a lot of energy and often a quick snack can help keep youth-focused and energized, rather than hungry and distracted. We’ve all been there, am I right?
- Youth are strongly encouraged to arrive at Tufas 10-5 minutes before their class begins so that everyone can sign in, get their shoes, stash belongings, etc and be ready to begin class promptly!
- If your child will be joining us using the ShuttleBee service from ICS or Adaire, complete this registration form with ShuttleBee and contact your school transportation administrator to notify them that it’s ok to release your student to ShuttleBee for transport to TUFAS Youth Programs.
- Ask if your kid wants to invite a friend to sign up for their session! There is still time to enroll in our programs, having a buddy is fun, and participants will get a discount on a future Youth Programs session if they refer a friend!
Learn more than just a little something
TUFAS is offering guardians of Youth Climbers a FREE Intro to Bouldering class! Rock climbing is hugely rewarding for all ages and we’d love to include you further in our community. It’s a beautiful thing for parents and kids to share this activity with one another. We know you’ve been meaning to try it…Now is your chance!