ONE BIG QUARANTEAM
This page is for all the different resources and activities Tufas wants to continue to give to the community. This will cover everything from live streams of our instructors teaching classes, links to support others in your local and global communities, and even links to those Tufas playlists we all miss hearing. All content on this page is free with the ask that if you can pay for anything please do so. If you enjoy these classes, consider contributing both to the instructors’ paypal/venmo/cashapp or the Tufas Employee Relief Fund
- Do you have a car and are you healthy to the best of your knowledge? Register with Philly Food Rescue to help them continue to provide no-contact pick ups and drop offs in order to get food to those in need. They are considered an essential service, so they will stay open as long as volunteers keep showing up! Download their app in order to register.
- Find out which school nearest you is distributing meals to local children in need. They probably need volunteers!
- Do any of your neighbors need help with groceries or picking up medications? Ask! If you want to directly support neighbors who are most vulnerable and affected by COVID-19 (the sick, elderly, disabled, undocumented, single parents, queer, Black, Indigenous, and/or people of color, those quarantined without pay, and those limited in work), check out Philly Mutual Aid – Neighbors Helping Neighbors to be matched with community requests as they’re made.
- Donate nutritious food to your local food pantry, rather than your local food bank. This cuts out a lot of distribution time and decreases the need for social interaction in order to transport food from food banks to food pantries. Don’t know where your closest food pantry is? Search your area through this locator provided by Coalition Against Hunger.
- Support your local small businesses! Who we choose to support in these coming months will make or break many businesses. To get you started, here is a list:
- 50 Black businesses to support during the coronavirus pandemic from TheGrio
- Womxn-Owned Shops in Philadelphia from CHEW Philly
- Queer-Owned Businesses crowdsourced by Billy Penn
- Dining at a Distance: Philadelphia – Support your local restaurant while practicing social distancing!