INDOOR CLIMBING AND BOULDERING ARE INHERENTLY DANGEROUS. EVERY FALL IS A GROUND FALL AND COULD RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH. ANYONE CHOOSING TO PARTICIPATE MUST ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR OWN SAFETY AND ASSUME ALL RISKS. THE FLOORING WILL NOT PREVENT INJURY OR DEATH. PLEASE BE CAREFUL.
Everyone must have a signed, completed waiver on file. Those younger than 18 years old must have a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Any youth younger than 14 must be actively supervised by the adult who is responsible for them during their visit to the gym, unless they are on Club Team. Any parent, guardian, or chaperone responsible for a youth must maintain direct supervision over the youth during the entirety of their visit. An adult can only supervise 1 youth at a time in the facility. Youth are expected to wear their masks for the entirety of their visit and the adult supervising them is responsible for ensuring this safety measure is followed.
Temporarily (due to COVID-19 health concerns), children under 8 years of age are not permitted to climb at Tufas unless they are part of our regular weekly Youth After-school Climbing Programs or Club Team. Youth After-school Climbing Programs are currently postponed due to COVID-19 health precautions.
Everyone at Tufas Boulder Lounge must check in at the front desk at the beginning of every visit. If you have not checked in, you do not have permission to climb or use Tufas’ facility.
Before beginning any fitness program or changing your physical activity patterns, you should always consult with your doctor or physician, particularly if you have been inactive, are overweight, or have or suspect any sort of medical condition that might be worsened by exercise.
Everyone must be given a bouldering orientation before being permitted to climb.
Keep climbing area clear of hazards. Personal items (water bottles, clothes, etc.) should be placed in cubbies and lockers. No food or drink is allowed on the padding.
Never climb above, below, or near where another climber can fall on you. Never stand, sit, or walk in an area where a climber could fall on you.
Immediately report any accidents, injuries, incidents, problems with the walls or equipment, or any other concerns to a member of the staff.
No running, yelling, rough housing, or acrobatics (flips, cartwheels, handstands, etc.).
Everyone must wear shoes and a shirt while using the climbing walls or fitness equipment.
Fitness equipment may only be used by people 18 and over unless they’re enrolled in a class or program.
No playing allowed on fitness equipment.
Patrons must wipe down all fitness equipment after use.
No bare feet or climbing shoes allowed in the restrooms. Please wear non-climbing footwear while using restrooms.
No street shoes allowed on the padded flooring or the climbing walls.
No climbing while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Pay attention to posted signs in the gym.
Be courteous, friendly and have fun!
Youth Cancellation Policy
Effective date: November 21, 2018
Tufas Boulder Lounge (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the tufasboulderlounge.com website (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service. You can learn more how to manage cookies in the Browser Cookies Guide.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Tufas Boulder Lounge uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Tufas Boulder Lounge may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Tufas Boulder Lounge
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.